Monday 29 December 2008

Carmelised Mango with mango sorbet and chocolate sauce

I had some leftover mangoes. They weren't quiet sweet variety , but I had to finish them before they started to rot. I browsed for some mango desserts and in some of the recipes I saw that mango can be caramelized and used in desserts. From my husband , I learnt that mango and chocolate can make a good combination. That instant I created this recipe....... Oh my god ! I feel so proud to have invented this recipe. This was a good recipe. And to note I haven't used sugar at all.

Ingredients

2 mangoes sliced into strips or chunked
handful of mixed nuts crushed or coarsely chopped (I used cashewnuts, almonds and pistachios)
2 tbsp cocoa powder or any chocolate drink powder
1/2 tbsp milk
2 scoops of mango sorbet
oil to brush

Method

Grease a baking tray and arrange the mango pieces. Lightly brush oil on these pieces and bake them for 15 mins or till they start to brown on gas mark 6. The time to brown these pieces make depend on the size of the pieces and the variety of the mango.

Meanwhile in a microwavable bowl take the cocoa powder and milk. Gently heat them for 10 seconds. Stir it and again heat it for 10 seconds. Repeat this till it gets a sauce consistency. I did this for a minute.

Once the mango pieces are done, arrange half of them in a bowl (as this recipe serves for 2). Top it with a scoop of mango sorbet and cpour chocolate sauce over it. Sprinkle with crushed nuts.






No comments: